Very useful tips and tricks for Roger! This guide from “Mindereak”, thank you for sharing. You can add your own idea about Roger Tips-Tricks.
Roger Tips-Tricks Guide
1) Blue Buff is nice on Roger but leave it to other allies who need it more in the early game, in the late game they will probably have some CDR items on their own so you can start picking it up by yourself. Red Buff is amazing at every point of the game for the Damage component but I’d say mostly for that additional Movement Speed, try to have it active as much as possible.
2) I’m still not 100% sure which skill is better to max first. Maxing out your 1st skill gives you more damage while maxing out the 2nd skill gives you a nice lower cooldown in Human Form but most importantly a stronger Attack Speed buff in Wolf Form. Lately I’ve been maxing out my 2nd Skill because it gives me a lot of farming and damage potential while in Wolf Form.
3) As said in the skill section the 2nd Skill duration can be extended both in Human and Wolf Form by making basic attacks. The movement speed buff you get in Human Form can be extended from the base 2s up to 3.5s. The attack speed buff you get in Wolf Form can be extended from base 3s up to 7.5s. Note that to extend them to their maximum duration you still need a certain amount of attack speed because if your attack speed is too slow you won’t be able to to attack fast enough to get the full refresh. With 1.50 basic attack speed you can already extend the duration of the Wolf Form buff to its max 7.5s, to extend the buff of Human Form buff to its max 3.5s you need a lot more basic attack speed, more than 2.00.
4) I personally consider Roger as a hero who is really hard to master because it requires a deep understanding of the potential of both his Human\Wolf Form so you know when it’s the right time to be in one or the other form. Don’t feel bad if you are not great with him from the start and keep practicing.
5) You can use both your transformation to Wolf Form and the transformation to Human Form to jump through obstacles like walls, use this to your advantage to move faster around the map, to escape or to set up ganks.
6) In general you should stay in Wolf Form as much as possible because you can move faster and you can farm faster thanks to your Attack Speed buff, your basic attacks that deal more damage and the fact that your attacks can cleave hitting many nearby enemies.
7) You can use your 1st skill in Wolf Form to dodge pretty much every skill in the game because you are immune when you disappear to hit the enemies, of course it’s not very easy to do so because it requires good ping to begin with and very good timing on your part but with enough practice you should be able to dodge some important skills.
8) Having the Ultimate available since lv1 gives Roger access to many more skills compared to all other heroes, this makes him a very strong early levels fighter! (lv 1-3).
Roger Emblem Set
Physical \ Jungle \ Physical Assassin \ Fighter: All these sets can be good with this Roger build, you should pick the one you are going to use based on the Set Level or by personal preference if you have any. All these sets are very similar, they just mix up the various: stats atk. speed, crit. chance, mov. speed, etc.
Roger Battle Spell
Purify: During fights we will be in Wolf Form most of the time to maximize our damage output, that means we are going to be melee and often in the middle of the fight to do our combos and deal the most damage. Purify makes sure that we can break free from enemy CC in key moments so that we can escape\keep dealing damage, the Movement Speed bonus is also a nice feature to have.
Flicker: As usual Flicker is good on most of the heroes for its versatility, if you don’t know how to get the best use out of the other Spells you cant go wrong with it.
Roger is a very strong and mobile damage dealer. I don’t consider him a Marksman but a Fighter\Assassin that can also attack from a range when needed and this si because most of the time we will be in our Wolf Form which is melee and it’s also the form that gives us the most damage output. He is not the easiest hero to master because of the higher number of skills available and the two different forms you can assume, it’s going to take some experience to learn when it’s best to use a form or the other.