The dangerous hero in Mobile Legends, Argus! You can find the very nice guide and critical damage and attack speed build for Argus. So you should comment when you say about this post. Thank you for supporting and have fun with awesome game MLBB!
Argus Detailed Guide and Critical Build
Argus Skills and Skill Combination Tips
Argus Skills Tips
Passive – Warmonger
- This skill is what helps Argus to be overpowered, especially when low in health.
- Gives extra burst of damage.
- The more HP that are missing,the faster the rage bar gets filled.
- When less than 20% HP, after the 1st activation, this will activate every after 1 normal hit.
- Works best when Argus’ HP is 0 while his ultimate is active.
1st Skill – Demonic Grip
- This skill is needs to be used well since it greatly helps Argus’ mobility in the battlefield.
- Can be used to catch enemy heroes since it inflicts stun and propels Argus towards the enemy hero.
- The second activation of this skill can help you position yourself on your enemy and deal additional damage.
- The grapple goes through terrains, which gives you better a chance of a successful pursuit or retreat.But, if your final travel point is a terrain, you won’t get through the terrain and just bump into it.
- This skill is a good for initiation since you can position quickly and stun an enemy at the same time.
- Try not to use this skill if not necessary, this skill can mean a kill, or life and death.
2nd Skill – Meteoric Sword
- This skill greatly helps Argus’early game damage and can enhance the whole team’s mobility.
- Can be used to quickly kill minions and creeps. For best effect in lanes, hit the minions in a straight line.
- The skill’s actual AOE and range is bigger than you think it is.
- It also slows heroes down.
- Hitting enemies with this skill will make them bleed, and walking on the bloodied path will enhance you and your teammates’ move speed.
- In early game, most of your damage will depend on this, so make sure you hit the enemy.
3rd skill(Ultimate) – Eternal Evil
- This skill is what makes Argus special since it gives 5 seconds of death immunity, full rage bar (Instant double attack) and will convert 100% of damage done while the skill is active, into HP after 5 secs.
- Can be used even when stunned,transformed, silenced, airborne or while being pushed/pulled. But, it can’t be used while the other skills are in use.
- Can turn the tide of a clash when used properly.
- It lets Argus to be able to initiate and tank against 5 heroes even including lord.
- The regenerated HP is not seen immediately, use this to trick your enemies into believing that you are low in health.
- While in early game, your 2ndskill – Meteoric Sword, will help you to regen a huge amount quickly.
- If you have fast reflexes, you can try to activate it when you only have one or two bars of HP left. Since the later you activate it, the longer it will last. But this is not recommended if facing burst damage heroes, especially in late game, since they can quickly kill you with huge amount of damage.
- Don’t think twice using it when you feel you are still in danger or about to die. Waiting for it to cool downs better than waiting to respawn.
- This will let you use Argus’passive, Warmonger, at its greatest effect. When at max effect, every other hit will be a double attack.
Argus Skill Combination Tips
The Grip and Stab – this is the common approach when charging into an enemy hero. Demonic Grip gets you into position and/or stun at the same time,which also helps you to be more successful in hitting them with Meteoric Sword.Other than dealing damage, Meteoric Sword will enhance your move speed which is useful if the target tries to run away. Although if the target chose to fightback head-on and the skill is not necessary at the moment, you can delay the Meteoric Sword and save it until the target chooses to run. This can also work the opposite way. If you manage to be/get near enough to the target to be in range of your Meteoric Sword, do the stab first, and then you can save Demonic Grip if the target tries to run away. This is effective against heroes that has fast move speed, skills that helps them move quickly or flicker spell. It can also turn the tables when being chased, just grip on the enemy and stab, then add some extra hits if needed.
Surprise Ultimate and Stab – this combo is great when you are about to die, especially when being chased. This is even better with the element of surprise, like hiding in the bushes or a sudden Demonic Grip onto the enemy.The ultimate will keep you alive and the Meteoric Sword will quickly damage the enemy and regenerate you some HP.
Argus Skill Leveling
Level 1 – The best one to take is Argus’ 2nd skill –Meteoric Sword. Since you will need it for burst damage against minions and monsters at early. Don’t worry about survivability, since you will level up in no time and be able to get his 1st skill – Demonic Grip for mobility.
Level 2 – of course, no other than the 1st skill –Demonic Grip. Now you can grapple wherever you want.
Level 3 – 2nd Skill again, since its damage is use ful for farming and harassing.
Level 4 – The long awaited, his 3rd skill or Ultimate –Eternal Evil. You can now harass enemy heroes more effectively and have better chance of survivable, especially when ganked.
Level 5 to 15 – The priority of leveling up skills would be
1st Eternal Evil – Less cooldown, more fun.
2nd Meteoric Sword – MORE DAMAAAAGE!
3rd Demonic Grip – Well, keeping it at level 1 is fine.
Argus Recommended Battleground Spells
1st – Retribution
- This can greatly help you to farm early and faster.
- You can steal enemy ‘s jungle monsters more effectively.
- When upgraded with a jungling item, it can be a handy slow-inducing skill.
2nd – Inspire
- This can greatly help you to push towers easier.
- Gives extra penetration and attack speed.
Argus The Almighty Attack Speed and Critical Build
Reminder: Whatever build it is,Argus is weak at early game, since his strongest traits rely on his normal attacks, which means you gotta farm fast and build the needed items immediately. Also this build will require you to be careful at early, since lifesteal is not the first priority.
1st item – Raptor Machete (when you will go to jungle)
For easy early farming, which you would immediately upgrade to Nimble Blade.
Tip, use retribution before buying Nimble Blade, since it refreshes Retribution’s cooldown.
First, why Nimble Blade? Since you are going to do a lot of farming, why not make it more efficient?
Nimble Blade will give you bonus exp, life regen after killing a monster,bigger damage to monsters and minions, and it upgrades your retribution so you can use it on heroes. Retribution has small damage, but can still kill,especially in early, and will also slow the target down.
It also adds 10 permanent damage on your Nimble Blade for each monster killed. Up to a total of 10 stacks, which is 100 Physical Attack, which is pretty huge and useful.
2nd item – Swift Boots
You are going to need that extra 40 move speed since Argus’ move speed is only 260 and can be outrun by anyone easily.Also, it gives a bit of extra attack speed.
3rd item – Scarlet Phantom
Since you have a growing damage on your Nimble Blade, you now need attack speed. Now you think it’s all about damage? Oh no. Your DPS depends on your attack speed, since huge damage is useless if you can’t dish it out fast. In late game, everything goes fast. Too slow and you’ll probably die.
Anyway, this gives you a decent attack speed, but very little critical hit chance. Although this would be more useful as the game goes on.
4th item- Windtalker
Probably around this time, you already have around 300 dmg, so we need more attack speed and critical rate. By the way, attack speed and critical hits will be your best buds.
This item, even without bonus damage, gives you a storm passive (every 4 hits creates a magic projectile that hits up to 3 targets), attack speed, critical chance and move speed(you are going to need a lot of move speed since you are a melee hero and Argus is a slow walker).
At this point, you have 1.9 attack speed (2.0 when scarlet phantom’s passive is activated) which is kinda fast already and you can probably kill some squishy heroes easily with Grip,Stab and normal attacks.
Now we add some damage. This item will increase your crit chance and increases your crit damage, which is important for the crit build. Buy the legion sword first to get the extra damage immediately.
5th item – Berserkers Fury
Now we are adding some damage. This increases your damage and crit chance. But the unique passive is the most important effect of the item, since it increases the damage of critical hits by 40%, which is advantageous for the crit build.
6th item – Haass Claws
At last! You now have lifesteal. You really need it now since your ultimate is not enough to last in fights in late game. Its unique effect also increases when your HP is low, so it works well with your passive and Argus’ play style.
7th item- 2nd Windtalker
When you got enough money for one, sell your boots, because around this time, you can easily burst someone and no need for that much chasing anymore (also the boot’s stats is not worth it at late game). Its fine since you still have 300 move speed, but this also means that you need to be more accurate with your Demonic Grip and Meteoric Sword so you can catch someone easily.
Before the 8th item,you can choose to upgrade Nimble Blade into Raptor machete first, or just skip it.
There are two choices in the 8th one, more damage or better survivability.
8th item – Blade of Despair
Once you have enough money, sell your Nimble Blade/Raptor Machete and buy this one. It has 35 more damage than the Jungling item and has bonus attack speed and damage when you stun an enemy.
Same with the BoD’s first steps. But the reason this is a choice is that in case that the enemy tank’s Blade Armor is bothering you, this is to go over the 20% damage reflect that cancels out your lifesteal. The item also gives extra HP and move speed, but less damage. In exchange, you get also get the passive – Judgement, which gives you additional normal attack damage every time you use a skill and can enhance your bursting capabilities. It also gives extra move speed.
3 Heroes That Goes Well With Argus
Based on my experience, the best ones would be:
- Ranged and can keep you from being harassed.
- Can Harass back.
- Has decent magic damage.
- You both have slow-inducing and stun-inflicting skills, so when skills are used properly, you both can easily kill enemies or protect yourselves.
- Tanky and can keep you from being harassed.
- Can Harass back.
- Has huge AOE damage.
- Slow-inducing skills which can increase your slow-inducing capabilities.
- Can stop enemies from escaping or keep enemies away.
- Has a defense nullifying passive which is advantageous for Argus, who is a physical damage hero.
- Can help you burst damage.
- Has a skill can slow down opponents too, which is useful for melees.
3 Heroes That Argus Can Counter
Based on my experience again:
Reminder: Countering Fanny is more possible in late game.
- With Argus’ ultimate, Fanny can’t kill him immediately.
- Using the same build that I use, you can easily hit fanny while she’s flying around with Argus’s Extremely fast attack speed and huge DPS.
- If Fanny is caught by Argus, even when with full items, Argus can kill fanny within 10 secs.
- Argus can easily catch Odette with his skills.
- Argus is able to cancel Odette’s Ultimate with his 1st skill, since it has a stun.
- Argus’ ultimate can let Argus dive into Odette’s ultimate without dying and can kill Odette at the same time.
- Hayabusa’s ultimate can be nullified with Argus’ultimate.
- Hayabusa is squishy can be easily killed with Argus’ burst.
- Can’t go against Argus head-on.
3 Heroes That Can Counter Argus
- Akai’s ultimate can disable Argus during the whole duration of Argus’ ultimate.
- Akai’s ultimate can stop Argus from being able to get near or attack.
- Can knock Argus airborne for the whole duration of Argus’ ultimate.
- His skills can keep Argus from being able to attack.
- Can keep Argus from getting near with his ultimate.
- Is able to burst Argus easily from afar.
Thank you for sharing “RyagaiDragnir“!
Don’t forget the comment 🙂